Very nice use of the charge shot mechanics and sprite graphics. I really like the highlights.
Laser Blast! 2: The Fight (Jam Game)
Laser Blast! 2: The Fight
Developed by: Elias Mote
(c) Roc Studios 2018
Made for Minimalistic Jam #3
Made with Pico-8
Description: This sci-fi themed platformer is the sequel to Laser Blast!, a game jam game I developed for Proc Jam 2018. Play as the advanced robot Atom Girl and progress through a platforming level, defeating enemy forces along the way. Destroy the end boss to complete Atom Girl's mission and buy her time to repair herself so that she can escape the planet Garlock-7, where a hostile force has taken over.
Left and right keys - Move left and right, respectively
Up key - Jump or perform a midair jump. If you hold jump after jumping, a second jump will be performed at about the apex of the first jump
'Z' key - Shoot a small energy ball. Holding the key down will charge Atom Girl's weapon. Release to shoot a level 2 or 3 shot, based on charge time.
- You have some temporary invincibility after taking a hit. Use it to your advantage!
- All enemy attacks deal the same amount of damage.
- A level 1 charge shot hurts enemies for 1 damage, while level 2 is 2 damage and level 3 is 4 damage.
- If a level 2 or 3 shot kills an enemy, it will pierce the enemy and keep going. Level 1 shots never pierce.
- The boss at the end of the level speeds its attacks up substantially after losing half its life. Don't be afraid to hammer it with hits if you can't dodge its attacks well. It does not have an invincibility period after being hit.
- Killing enemies gives you a 25% chance to get 1 health back.
- The humanoid enemies can turn around. They also shoot less often than the turrets but take less time to shoot you once they appear on screen.